Tuesday 22 January 2013

Hearing Gods Voice and Praying

We live in a world filled with Facetime Facebook instagram twitter we are constantly in communication talking to our friends and love ones there is no silence and when there is we consider it awkward because we are not use to it... So when it comes to hearing Gods voice we usually get ticked off because we think our relationship with him is non existent because he doesn't reply quickly. we need to calm down sit and listen to God

-We need to have a heart of a champion
-have a pencil ready
-eyes of a hunter
-and ears of the prey


we also need to consider is it in fact Gods voice what we are hearing? these are two tools to know

1.If its not something out of love its not from God
2. And does it Follow scripture

Be still and know that I am God  Psalm 46:10

from this passage we can learn a lot about prayer and hearing Gods voice. When its says be still and know IAM  its meaning praise him, its different than thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is for what he does praise is for who he his. I know God when I see sunrises I know God when I see mountains and rainfalls I know Gods love when people hug me or I hear sermons
Be still and know. that is a call to the truth, Be real and honest God already knows who you are why not get real with him? When I scream and cry to God what I give up to him he replaces with peace

-Philippians 4:6-7

New International Version (NIV)
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

 and lastly what we can learn from this passage be still and know that I am God is that its alright just to be and rest wait upon the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment